Monday, December 1, 2014

DIY Learning Games (with minimal materials, for virtually any topic)

I am posting some of my older, well-viewed posts this evening, redirecting viewers to here from my old weblog. I apologize my old weblog cannot be opened for you all to peruse, but my old domain (which was called Teachingvision.org, not the new .net version I am debuting soon) was hacked with malware. There are some things on that weblog that have to be cleaned up, but these posts are still there and need to be reprised. Thank you! 

I made some learning games with tagboard and clothespins today as well as a game that focuses on clockwise and counterclockwise rotations. I found the idea via Pinterest, which directed me to this blog that had a number recognition version for little ones.

Advanced Vocabulary:




Algebraic Equations: 


Not the same, but noteworthy: Clockwise and Counterclockwise Rotations: 

I made 22 circles with simple graphics for students to rotate, either clockwise or counterclockwise, 45, 90, 180, or 270 degrees. The circles have an arrow on them so they know which rotation is the "original rotation". 

Each student will have a tagboard rotation mat as they move around the room. One wooden circle will be placed on each desk. After 1 minute, I will call "Scoot" so they can use the next circle. After 22 times of "scooting" around the room, they have used each circle (and it took less than a half-hour to do the activity). 



Hope you like this idea! Each center has taken me less than five minutes to make so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment